Monday 1 April 2013

Cauliflower crust pizza

Right it's day one and feeling inspired I headed to the supermarket to buy the ingredients for this recipe which I saw here

Well I will say it wasn't as good as the one in the picture and I've put this down to various reasons, namely:
a. I am not a particularly competent cook
b. I did not wring enough of the water out after cooking the cauliflower 
c. I only used parmesan and no mozzarella in making the base. 

Despite the above it was still somewhat of a success here is the finished product

The recipe can be found in the link above but to briefly summarise the way I did it:
Ingredients:
  • one medium head of cauliflower
  • parmesan cheese
  • dried oregano 
  • toppings (I used 4 mushrooms, goats cheese, sun-dried tomato purée and tomato pasta sauce, basil- to garnish)

Method:
  • Cut the leaves off the cauliflower and some of the stem off and put the whole if it in the belnder untill it looks like this:


  • Put it in a microwavable bowl and cover it and cook for 4 minutes 
  • Leave it to cool down for a few minutes
  • Put it in a tea towel and wring the water out, do this really hard and persevere as the water will keep coming. I didn't do this enough and I think it showed in the base. 
  • Start mixing the cauliflower and also add the egg, a few pinched of the oregano and the grated parmesan. I just basically kept adding the parmesan bit by bit until the mixture started to resemble dough.
  • Pop the dough on oiled greaseproof paper on a baking tray
  • Start rolling it out until you have a smallish pizza base, mine looked like this:

  • Pop the base in the oven at 200 for about 8 minutes, when you get it out it will look a bit like this:

  • Then just treat it like a normal pizza base and add your toppings and put it back in the oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the top looks suitably browned!
  • Easy as that! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vegetarian Atkins Diary

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig