Wednesday 22 May 2013

Mini aubergine 'pizzas'

Right, I've not been terribly good at keeping on top of this blog but tried a new recipe and so felt inspired to share it as it was 
a. so nice, and 
b. so easy! 

I got the recipe or idea at least from Pinterest and it's for mini aubergine pizzas. 


Here is a picture of the completed pizzas:


Here's how to make them:


1. Slice an aubergine into thick slices, (I sliced them into about 2cm slices, I think when I make them again I will slice even thicker as I could hardly taste them and they cooked down quite a lot).

2. Rub oil onto the aubergine and fry for about 5 mins on each side. (I used a griddle pan but sure they would work on a normal pan just as well). Beware they do use up quite a lot of oil but then on atkins that's not really a problem!









3. Put the slices onto a dish, I used a small enamel plate but any flat surface would do. I didn't bother oiling it up first as the slices are already quite greasy. 

4. Put some tomato sauce onto the slices- I used sundried tomato purée as there's hardly any carbs in that and the flavour is very rich.
5. Put whatever other toppings you like on, I used goats cheese, pesto, sliced cherry tomatoes, and some vegetarian parmesan. 

6. Pop them into the oven for about 10 minutes till everything has nicely browned- I didn't take much notice of the temperature but it was probably about 200 degrees 


7. Serve with a nice salad or whatever accompaniment you fancy.

8. Enjoy! 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh, I must try these! They look delicious! I'm not on Atkins though, but I'm on Slimming World - do you think they'd work with Fry Light instead of oil?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have now become one of my favourite meals :-) And they do work equally well with Fry Light in a griddle pan. Although I'm not really following Slimming World now, so I do use oil more often than not!

    ReplyDelete

© The Vegetarian Atkins Diary

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig