Wednesday 7 January 2015

Back on induction- Day 2 and egg clouds recipe

Well day two came and I made myself a huge breakfast which really helped as it filled me up for most of the day until the late afternoon. I discovered a new recipe which is eggfast friendly and I am so so excited about. It's basically for egg clouds or eggs in clouds, and I found the recipe here. It's so good that I can see myself making it lots, especially if I decide to egg fast again. The only problem with it is whisking the eggs which is slightly time consuming, or more time consuming than I generally like as I like things that are very quick and simple to make. Apart from that it's really straightforward and only has TWO INGREDIENTS! (three if you add mixed herbs).

You will need (makes 2):
  • 2 eggs
  • 50g of grated cheese- I used cheddar but any would do
  • Mixed herbs-if you are using
Then the method is very simple:
  • Separate the eggs and put both the yolks in two separate cups or bowls
  • whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form
  • Gently fold in the cheese and herbs if using
  • Spoon two big dollops of the egg white mixture onto a baking sheet that's topped with greaseproof paper
  • Make a small well in the top of the egg using a teaspoon
  • Pop in the oven on a medium heat for about 3 minutes until starting to harden
  • Remove from the oven and slide one of the yolks onto each of the wells you made in the top
  • Put back in the oven for 1-2 minutes until the yolks look just set, a minute longer if you don't like them runny
  • Enjoy!


These are so so good that I had three for breakfast and they make each egg seem like so much more that they really do fill you up. I think I'm going to be making these lots from now on. I did think that I may next time make them without the cheese or use a stronger cheese as I'm not sure how much taste the cheese added (though that might just be because I went a bit heavy on the herbs which them became the dominant taste). Apart from lots of egg clouds, here's what else I ate yesterday:


Tuesday 06.01.2015
Meal
What I ate
Carbs
Total carbs
Breakfast
Three egg clouds
3g
3g
Snack
One Atkins bar
2.9g
5.9g
Evening meal
one egg and cheese bake
2g
7.9g
Snack
Small ramekin of fromage frais with a teaspoon of peanut butter stirred in
4g
11.9g

 I was very pleased with myself for managing to have so few carbs in the end and am hoping to be in ketosis by tomorrow which should get things going hopefully! See you tomorrow!


              
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Oh yum! This was a great post and it's really inspired me to get back on the egg-train! CHOO CHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    What temp is the oven supposed to be on?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop by because I wanted to say I made these today! And they were INCREDIBLE! I remember seeing this a loooong time ago, but then I never got around to trying it out. Today I randomly decided to make it because I've also been seeing it pop up in popularity all over IG and Pinterest. Gotta say, these were so worth the effort of whipping the egg whites!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Vegetarian Atkins Diary

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig