Monday 2 February 2015

Very low carb, grain free granola






Well, I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I tried it for the first time over the weekend and it was amazing first time and so so simple. I can see myself making this very regularly from now on. The thing I like the most about it is that I am always struggling to find things that I can have for breakfast without cooking and this exactly hits that spot. Another great thing about it is that I didn’t have to go shopping for any ingredients as I made it with things that I already had in and that I do usually have in.

You will need:
·         1.5 cups of mixed nuts- I used a mixture of pecans, almonds, cashews and hazlenuts
·         1 cup of mixed seeds- I used a mixture of linseeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
·         1 tablespoon of coconut oil
·         2 teaspoon of mixed spice

Then it really is so simple:




·         Put the nuts into a food processor and chop them roughly- you can also do this with a knife but it’s pretty hard work!


·         Add the seeds to the chopped nuts and mix together well


·         Add the coconut oil and mix well until combined- it’s easiest to do this with your hands as your hands melt the coconut oil


·         Add the mixed spice and stir well together


·         Pop the mixture onto a baking tray and then into an oven that heated to 150˚c for 20 minutes- take the mixture out half way though to stir it to stop it burning


·         Remove from the oven and pop into an airtight container- I used a jar





That’s it! It’s so good and so easy. I ate some of mine layered with greek yoghurt and then sprinkled dried rose petals over the top- delicious! 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Vegetarian Atkins Diary

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig